Re: Adding [seul-edu] to subject line

Hi!

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Doug Loss wrote:

>Michael A Hamblin wrote:
>>
>> Would it be possible to add [seul-edu] to the subject line of each
>> message? It'd be helpful for sorting out seul mail from my other lists.
>>
>That's not a big deal at all.  If everyone wants it, I'll ask Roger to
>set it up.

There is a good mechanism in pine which I use to
sort mail:

;    - select command
then I can select only mails by some criteria. This  is  how  I
move everything from seul-edu into seul-edu folder.

If you can't (or do not want to), you  can  setup  procmail  to
sort your mail for you!

(to switch select command on, check
             [X]  enable-aggregate-command-set
in setup)

then you can use Z (zoom) to concentrate  only  on  mails  from
seul-edu, for example... Or  use  A  (apply)  to  do  aggregate
commands on a set of mails at once, and so on!

pine is very versatile mailer, believe me,  it  hides  lots  of
features from beginners...

If we will have [seul-edu], will not it  be  much  clumsier  to
reply and create such monsters:

Re: [seul-edu] Re: [seul-edu] Re: [seul-edu] Some topic?

I am not against this change if it really help somebody
to keep track of his(her) mail!

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
Russia * Karelia * Petrozavodsk
Friday, January 22, 1999 * Powered by Linux RedHat 5.1