Re: Teacher Package

    This might be a little outrageous but has anybody thought of creating your own
Linux distro?  Not from scratch, but similiar to the Linux-Mandrake project.
Their goal is to create an entire easy to use interface.  They use KDE, and put
all the office packages and software needed to be efficient on one cd.  Well, we
could do the similiar.  Put a high quality distro (i.e. RedHat) + GNOME + an easy
to use windowmanager + All the software we feel a school would need to run a nice
Linux Network, on cd.  Then schools would have their own customized version of
Linux...SEUL-linux.
    Gnome supplies probably half the packages that bob has listed below.  And the
rest could be found.  I think the entire project would be easy except the
production of cd's and the writing of installation documentation.  But if you use
a RedHat distro, you could also pack their directions, plus the seul directions
for using the extra software provided by us.
    just thinking outloud...
                brad burnside