Re: Quiz robot

the next to last of the red-hot fakirs wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, Rhandeev Singh wrote:
>
> >Unfortunately, there is no point at all in doing any form of encryption
> >when the databases are under an open content license -- and we're not
> >about to change that ;-)

Why does the database have to be open to the students? If I am wrong, correct me,
if I am being ignorant, ignore me, but I see the DB work in general going this
way.

Teacher submits grades, we may even have a web based front end for our Database.
Why? Teacher is at home with laptop. Laptop is Win95. They can go online and post
all their evaluations and grades, for us this is a monthly submission. Annie, our
systems person, makes sure that there were no errors, etc. Only she can access the
Database. Other office people can read the database but students  don't even see
it.

> Hadn't thought of that.  Hmmm... any ideas on how to protect an open
> database from, er, resourceful students?
>
> -- -.-- -... .- .-.. --- -. . -.-- .... .- ... .- ..-. .. .-. ... - -. .- -- .
> "So, rather than appear foolish afterward, I renounce seeming clever now."
>                 - William of Baskerville, The Name of the Rose
begin:vcard
n:Dolph;S. Barret
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.angelfire.com/on/WhiteHorse/index.html
org:White Horse English Development Center
version:2.1
email;internet:white129@ms7.hinet.net
title:Headmaster
x-mozilla-cpt:;-1