Re: [seul-edu] (FWD) Gary, Indiana LUG?

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> ----- Forwarded message from owner-seul-edu@seul.org -----
>
> From: "Jay Drew" <jdrew@lakeridge.k12.in.us>

> I am Director of Technology for a very low income district
> near Gary,
> Indiana. I am looking very seriously at moving towards LINUX
> to make more
> technology available to our student in a variety of formats.
>
> Does anyone know of or know how I can locate a LUG in my area?
> I'm mostly
> looking for a "brain trust" that I can pick on to speed my
> learning curve
> but would be very happy to recieve hands-on help as well.

Take a look here:

http://noframes.linuxjournal.com/glue/groups/us/indiana

I don't know if any of these are near Gary, but you might also
consider LUGs in the Chicago area (if that's convenient):

http://noframes.linuxjournal.com/glue/groups/us/illinois

Ivy Tech State College Northwest's website
<http://gar.ivy.tec.in.us/> says, "Powered by Linux" on the
first page; it may be worthwhile to contact them and ask if they
can help or direct you to a local group that can.

--
Doug Loss           The art of medicine consists of amusing the
dloss@suscom.net    patient while nature cures the disease.