Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: Using Zope]

> > From: Thomas Tempé <thomas.tempe@insa-lyon.fr>
> > To: seul-edu@seul.org
> > Subject: Using Zope
> >
> > I know there are some knowledgeable Zope hackers on this list. Could any of them give me a quick hint, or point me to the appropriate documentation?

Well the place to start it http://www.zope.org/ and the couple hundred
How-Tos there. You'll find binaries and source distributions in the download
section.

Once installed, Zope's built-in http server (ZServer) will be listening on
part 8080. Point your browser at http://your.zope.server:8080/ and see what
you get. Don't forget to write down the admin password that's generated if
you compile from source. At first, I would try running w/o PCGI and Apache
since that will only add complexity. Plus ZServer is the fastest Zope server
there it. (Not the fastest *server* there is, but the fastest for Zope
content.)

Good luck.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/