Re: [seul-edu] Linux in education report #37 for January 15

> January 15, 2001--Robert J. Chassell sent us a very nice tutorial to using
> gnuplot via GNU Emacs Calc mode, in response to our request for tutorials
> on the use of gnuplot. We hope to make it available online soon.

Doug, if it would help, I can quickly put a link to a text
version of the document on the web in the math teachers guide
with Mr. Chassell's credits. Otherwise, I would like to put a
link in the math teachers guide to this tutorial when it is
finished. I thought it contained a lot of good information.

----

Another site with many useful links for math education that
I've run across lately is Martindale's Reference Desk.

http://www-sci.lib.uci.edu/HSG/GradMath.html

----

Also (should probably put this in another messge)
Bruno Vernier has a new link for EduML pages that I have put
into the guide. The EduML pages combine the capabilities of a wiki
with inline latex, python, you name it. It looks like a very
promising direction to take for tools in math education as well as
other areas. Here's the link in case you haven't seen it.

http://ess.vancouver.bc.ca/zope/bruno/eduml

L. Prevett
Mathematics Instructor
Cochise College, Sierra Vista, AZ, US