Re: [seul-edu] wiki software page

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 03:13:47PM -0500, Doug Loss wrote:
> I've begun to load listings onto the experimental wiki software
> page.  I notice that for any word that has more than one capital
> letter in it but that isn't all caps, the wiki offers the
> possibility of creating a webpage.  Is that configurable, Bruno?
> There are an awful lot of application names which meet that
> criterion.

- wiki tradition is that any word with 2 non-consecutive capital letters
triggers the creation of a link and automatic creation of the new page (that
question mark).

- it can be turned off locally by putting an exclamation mark directly in
front of the offending word

- it can be programmed NOT to follow wiki tradition at all... and I admit I
have thought of that but am loath to break with wiki tradition.

> Bruno, can we set up a wiki so that only seul-edu mailing list
> subscribers can edit the pages but everyone can read them?  Will
> that require an account on the server for everyone, or is the wiki
> login handled separately?

wiki login on zope is handled by zope.   Zope authentication is one of the
very nice features I like about zope.  I made mine use /etc/shadow.
Anyways, each user can be placed in groups with varying amount of rights.
So others can help me create new contributor accounts by becoming user
account managers.

Bruno