[seul-edu] [Fwd: kiosk computing]

"Pete St. Onge" wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> Here's an example of kiosk computing as might be useful for SEUL/edu. He's
> pretty detailed on how he sets up the boxes.
>
> http://www.jwz.org/kiosk/
>
> -- Pete

This is by Jamie Zawinski of Mozilla fame.  It looks as though it might be
adaptable fairly easily to a school lab situation.  What he's doing isn't the
Xterminals that we've often talked about before, but more akin to the network
computer concept that was hyped a year or two ago (diskless systems mounting
all their filesystems from a server, but executing the programs locally).

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid