Re: [seul-edu] High School Educational Programs

On Sat, 5 Jan 2002 00:02, Christopher Hill wrote:
<snip>

> It's not just a question of Linux virii but Windows virii as well, because
> there may still be some people connecting to the network using Windows
> computers (such as teachers with laptops), and it wouldn't be very nice if
> a teacher loaded a Word document from a Samba share that 'worked fine on
> the Linux computers' but gives their laptop a nasty macro virus.

I'm pretty certain that both of the virus scanning packages I gave links to
will check for Windows viruses as well as the (few) Linux ones.  In fact,
what you are talking about above is the main focus of what most (if not all)
of the commercial virus scanning packages that run on Linux are designed to
do.

Rasjid.