Re: [seul-edu] Google / ASP Seek - [Was: High School EducationalPrograms]

    No, they dont. But they use an algorithm called PageRank which is
very well documented (it was a Stanford PhD project). Their may be some
open source tools that use it. AspSeek is probably the best search
engine software I have ever seen, that does the same thing as google
(although I am not sure if it uses the exact same algorithm process as
google, it might). In fact, its got great features google does not.
    You can focus is on certain subjects (like, the company that makes
it, has a search engine using it that only searchs ASP related sites. I
am going to be setting one up that only searches open source in
education, and computing in education sites. Check it out at
http://www.aspseek.org/