[seul-edu] [Fwd: Re: [school-discuss] evaluation of astronomy apps at]

This could make Celestia questionable for the ISO; could I get some opinions from others?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [school-discuss] evaluation of astronomy apps at
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:56:59 +1100
From: Daniel Carter <danultra@softhome.net>
To: schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net

> celestia runs a little sluggish on my test box. a 1 gigahertz
athalon with
> 512 meg of ram and a 64 meg video board. but i had 5 or 6
other things
> going :-)

On my 700MHz Duron with 128MB ram and a 32MB board, 1.2.5 is so
slow it's unuseable. 1.2.4 was much faster, so people with older
machines might want to use it, but I had problems compiling it
with gcc3 (and as yet haven't bothered to download the the old
gcc2). Maybe I should just upgrade my machine...

Hmm, the pre 1.0 version I first tried was even faster... funny that.

Dan

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain