Re: [seul-edu] Site@School V2.1 betatesters needed

On Friday 30 January 2004 03:47 pm, Hans Paijmans wrote:
> Dirk Schouten wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Site@School is the OSS/GPL content management system for primary schools.
> > More info on:
> > http://siteatschool.sourceforge.net
> >
> > Het S@S Team just finished the new Version 2.1 beta release.
> > We are looking for beta testers to help us testing the new release.
> >
> > What do we ask:
> > 1. download, install and test S@S V2.1beta.
> > 2. report bugs in the S@S Forum before the 1st of March 2004.
> >
> > By helping us, you help schools in England, America, Holland, Poland,
> > Norway, Sweden, Brazil, Mexico, Japan, China, Turkey, France and Germany.
>
> I personally would feel more sympathy towards seul.org if they were
> not so through-and-through American. They convey the distict feeling
> that anything not origionated in the US of A is not worth very much.

What about this project, that can help schools in all of these countries,
leads you to comment that SEUL is "through-and-through American"?

Personally, I feel sad for America's reputation that the best software
available is often from the Netherlands, Denmark or Germany, like the 3D
program Blender, the TYPO3 content management system, or others. Compared to
almost all of the distinctly-American software that populates 95% of PCs,
which is bug-ridden and insecure, I think the software SEUL promotes is
incredibly well-regarded and promoted from whereever it originates.

Alex (from America)