Re: [seul-edu] Seul.edu through-and-through American

Dirk Schouten wrote:
Hello All, Hello Hans,

I personally would feel more sympathy towards seul.org if they were
not so through-and-through American. They convey the distict feeling
that anything not origionated in the US of A is not worth very much.

This morning I checked my mail and found a lot of subjects that had to do
with my posting.
Thoughts of nightmares went trough my mind: "What did I do wrong"
(sometimes I _do_ stupid things).

To my amazement I found the above quote.

IMHO Hans misuses my posting for his personal grievance. Hans, next time,
please utter your linguistic grievances under your own subject header.
To the rest of this group, speaking as a Dutchman, I have never felt
anything described above towards seul.org. On the contrary.

I stand corrected... until you too will have to speak
obligatory english at /your/ school in Amsterdam.

In the meantime I am preparing a longer text on the subject,
with proper subject line.

--
Dr. J.J. Paijmans
Tilburg University, Faculty of Arts,     Dept. of Linguistics & AI