Info for IT implementation

Bill Tihen wrote:

> Hi Roman,
>
> My job next year will not be teaching but to run the IT part of a school.
> Where are all these well documented uses?  I might as well do my job correctly.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill
>
> >That said, the good usage of IT in schools is all very well researched and
> >documented. You just need to know where to go to get the info. Remeber that
> >probably most teachers in the world don't really know what to do with IT
> >properly
> >and are probably using the wrong software anyway.
> >
> >Roman.

You may like to take a look at this as well. I'll try to compile a list of other
useful sources of info.  In particular read section 4 software and note how that
relates to what we're all doing now.

http://www.mape.org.uk/MAPE/Publications/Management/Govier1.htm

I'd be interested to see what peoples' comments are to this.

There are other sites as well but I can't seem to access them at the moment.
There's a national association for computer advisors in education that you'd
probably find useful. But the site's down right now - I know the company that
designs their site so I'll ask them what's happenning there.