Re: compact distributions for old equipment

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep them in mind for the future, but right
now I want to wait until someone suggests a real set of apps, suitable for
an actual grade in the sense that Rob wrote about, that I can try. My test,
plus the link you turned up (and there are a couple of others, too), is
sufficient proof of principle on the technical side -- now it's time for
someone to identify actual applications so this idea stays grounded in reality.

8bpp is the lowest standard graphics resolution mode. It's what I ran the
SVGA server in for the test I reported.

While the libraries and such that you've described are familiar to me, I
haven't heard of Electric Eyes. What is it, and how might I locate it?

Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603    	 	        ray@comarre.com