Re: compact distributions for old equipment

I just thought I'd like to point something out here.

All the applications we wrote for Acorn RiscOS computers were able to run in
4bpp on 1mb machines only 1 or two required a 2mb machine and they were good
apps. They ran on screens of 640*256 as well. Black text was anti-aliased
with a few shades of grey so it didn't look to bad but it wasn't good where
colours were involved.

In fact I still have one of these machines and I'll be looking back at the
work I've done on it whilst I'm writing for Linux.

So if anyone's thinks that these old machines won't be that much use think
again.

Give me the info. I ask for and I'll make sure my stuf'll run on your little
dinosaurs.

Believe me, it can be done.

Roman.