[Fwd: Website]

-- BEGIN included message

Wil Langford wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Doug Loss wrote:
>
> >Malonowa wrote:
> >>
> >> If you need any graphics or design for your site then ask me and we'll
> >> organise something.
> >>
> >I've CCed this message to Roger Dingledine and Wil Langford; they may
> >take you up on that offer for graphics or site design help.
>
> I was just remarking to someone the other day that I had taken the site
> design about as far as I could.  I'm more skilled in the back-end, content
> and automation portion of the seul-edu site.  If you'd like to work on it
> (or take over entirely) you're welcome to.  If you don't want to get too
> involved, I'd appreciate ideas/suggestions/html samples that you think
> would be helpful.

We'd like to take over the design of the site certainly but saying that we'd need
to maintain strong consulatation with everyone involved. We'd be good at the
graphics design side of it overall presentation and HTML coding. As well as ideas.

>From you, we'd depend on you to continue with the back-end and automation. We don't
do server side web-design at the moment.

For everyone here, remember that this is YOUR site. It should reflect the
personality of the group and the community spirit so we'd need people here to
comment on the design and test it.

We have ideas about the graphic design - adding a more human face to it all with
photos and artwork that reflects people. When surfers arrive they must feel as
though there in a place where there are real people and not just in the middle of a
big electronic project. It needs to be a place that everyone can identify with.

Lastly on this subject. The most successful sites are the ones which are dynamic.
Which change as time passes to reflect the organisation involved. Comments and
ideas from everyone here should be maintained. Basically it's up to everyone to
decide whether this icon looks right or that heading should explain itself in
another way and so on.

> >> We'll have a website up at www.malonowa.com/linuxkids/ soon so could you add
> >> a link at your site and I'll reciprocate.
> >
> >That sounds good.  Wil, could you arrange this?
>
> Sorry about the delay.  I just took a look at the site; it seems to be
> under heavy construction.  Did you want me to go ahead and add the link?
> Would it be better for me to wait until it is a little further developed?

It really is under heavy construction - this is our busiest time of year
commercially read for the new term (semester) in September so please don't add the
link right now.

Roman.

-- END included message