Re: isetl developments and updates

>> It's possible, my windoze are all f@#$ed up.  I deleted
>> lot of stuff which I probably should have kept.  But anything else I

>> tried works.  Graphics is one of the things that will have to be
>> done.  It shouldn't be that hard, graphics in isetl is very simple,

>> from what I saw in textbooks, you have to draw coordinate axis and
>> points on the plane.  The idea is that you don't connect the dots
>> when drawing graphs.  The program should not pretend to do more than

>> it really does, if you know what I mean.
>
>Hmmm,,, had you ever worked on the graphics? Maybe I should learn gtk++

>later this year or next.

You might want to consider moving the plotting work to, conservatively,
gnuplot <http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Foothills/6647/>, or
more for a more modern feel, you could use CORBA/Gnome/Bonobo and do
Guppi <http://www.gnome.org/guppi/>.  Gnuplot would probably fit better
with isetl, but I don't know how one actually interfaces it.

>Graphics would be nice, so would libreadline with a history file.
>I wonder if curses can be done away with if libreadline is used?
>Probably the only reason to use it is to get rid of line buffering
>so the editor would work. If you concur, maybe we try that.

libreadline is GPLed, so it can't be used with non-GPL programs.  There
might be a similar library under something other than the GPL, but I'm
not sure.