Re: Another introduction (2)

Doug Loss wrote:

> Resmon L. Gonzalez wrote:
> >
> > Another humanistic goal which I can think of is developing a real time
> > Linux-based weather/seismologic (did I get that right?) prediction
> > system.
>
> I'm going to take a look around and see if I can find anything relating
> to this for you.  Don't expect a miracle, but I'll see what's out there.

The real problem here is data collection. Weather prediction requires data
input from a number of locations using measuring instruments which cost $$$.
In the case of seismic prediction, I don't know. I guess with lasers one
could measure the rate of strain and thus determine the rate of stress
buildup. This would be at the surface not deep down. Perhaps one could use
satellite data. I don't know.

Bob