Re: Promath

"Odile Bénassy" <obenassy@magic.fr> writes:

> yet I am still worried with math printing on the screen : I find nothing
> really satisfactory...

presumably the mathematical expression is stored in some tree-like
internal form.  probably path of least resistence is to transform it to
something latex understands and then use latex for layout.  (note that
tex was originally developed for laying out mathematical expressions,
among other reasons.)  the output, in dvi format, can then be rendered
to ps, gif, etc.

a google search on "embedded latex" shows some promising links.

thi