[Fwd: Squeak as HyperCard for Linux]

I'm taking a chance and forwarding this to the list without asking
Alan's explicit permission.  I figure that since I started my original
message by saying I represent seul-edu in this, his reply was for the
list in general and not for me specifically.  I especially like what he
says about Squeak's applicability from young children through
experienced programmers.  It fits right in with what we've been talking
about for simplified interfaces for standard programs rather than
specialized programs for children.

Since I'm in the eastern US and not wealthy, a trip to California in the
fall to visit the Media Research Group won't be on my schedule.
However, I think it would be a very good idea for one or more of us to
make that visit and to report back to the group what he, she, or they
find out.  If you're close to, or have the wherewithal to travel to
Disney Imagineering, contact me privately and we'll see about getting
you in touch with Disney.  (We should also put in a pitch for porting
their educational software to Linux, although I doubt that this is the
appropriate group in Disney to make it happen).