Re: Webelements

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999 12:30:49 -0700, Kevin Turner <Kevin.Turner@oberlin.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 11:12:49AM -0700, Robert Hopcroft wrote:
>> If you're looking for something challenging, that I would be surprised if anyone
>> else has done, consider providing a means to hear the pronunciation of the name
>> of the chemical element chosen.
>
> Has the gperiodic audience seen webelements?
> http://www.webelements.com/
> I've been most impressed by the collection and presentation of the data
> there.  It looks like a niche-killer to me.

You're right, it's very impressive.  But if Kyle implements some of Georges
Khaznadar's suggestions (I'm thinking especially of the one in this message
<http://www.seul.org/archives/seul/edu/Jul-1999/msg00264.html>), I think
GPeriodic will still have something that's difficult to find elsewhere.  I
don't think webelements precludes another periodic table program that might
have some other strengths to offer.

Doug Loss            Always acknowledge a fault.  This will throw
dloss@csrlink.net    those in authority off their guard and give
(570) 326-3987       you the opportunity to commit more.
                        Mark Twain