Re: Greetings and introduction...

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:07:44 -0700, "Chris Hobbs" <chobbs@silvervalley.k12.ca.us> wrote:

> I just signed up with the list today, and wanted to take a minute to
> introduce myself.

Welcome, Chris!  It's always nice to get new insights on the questions we've
put to ourselves.

> We've recently begun making headway into using Linux in our schools (see
> http://www.silvervalley.k12.ca.us/chobbs/xterms/ for an example), and am
> very pleased to see the amount of work being done to make Linux viable in
> so many different ways.

I looked at your xterms write-up, and I'm impressed.  Bill Tihen, take a look
at this.  It's almost exactly what I envision our educational HOWTOs being.
The only change I'd make is to make some linked pages going into more technical
detail on how to accomplish the xterminal project you did, possibly including
downloads of the floppy boot code you're using on your 486s.  Chris, could you
contact Bill about helping with the HOWTOs?  You appear to have a talent for
it.

Doug Loss            Always acknowledge a fault.  This will throw
dloss@csrlink.net    those in authority off their guard and give
(570) 326-3987       you the opportunity to commit more.
                        Mark Twain