Greetings and introduction...

Hello,

I just signed up with the list today, and wanted to take a minute to
introduce myself. My name is Chris Hobbs, and I'm the Technology Services
Coordinator (big name for head Geek) at a small school district in the
desert of Southern California.

We've recently begun making headway into using Linux in our schools (see
http://www.silvervalley.k12.ca.us/chobbs/xterms/ for an example), and am
very pleased to see the amount of work being done to make Linux viable in
so many different ways. I was afraid it might be quite some time before I
could see using Linux in lower grades, but I may not have to wait as long
as I feared, based on some of the projects I see listed.

Technically, I'm more network and system administration, though I dabble
in Perl and am working on an Information Systems degree. The programming
courses start this winter :-). However, if I can be of any help, I'll be
glad to offer it.

Anyway, enough rambling for now, I'll step back and let the real work get
done :-)

--
Chris Hobbs chobbs@silvervalley.k12.ca.us|Network Admin | Web/Postmaster
Silver Valley Unified School District    |MCP - TCP/IP  |       J.A.P.H.