Re: SquishDot

"Bruno J. Vernier" wrote:

> I am thinking ahead:  education and linux is vast field, almost as big as
> education itself.  Assuming even just 5% of educators become interested in
> what we are doing, we will be dealing with millions of people world-wide.
> this is a specialized niche, and if I understand correctly, each niche will
> need its own "portal".  Our seul-edu niche will be for people with longer
> attention span.  No matter what, there has been and will continue to
> be some maintenance work to keep the discussions/threads organized and
> somewhat focussed.
>
> So I am going to go even further and suggest we think about making seul-edu
> a portal (not right now, but we can start building it or designing it)
> It does not matter to me whether we use squishdot or not, what matters is
> that we should be prepared for a possible geometric increase in participation.

Bruno, I want to second what you have said. Doug, I suggest that we start by
putting together a prospective project to investigate these ideas. I will start
by collecting what I can find in the archives that might relate to this.
Hopefully someone will pick it up and run with it as I am trying to do far too
many things already.

Bob