Re: Invitation to visit Disney Imagineering

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 16:09:50 -0700, Robert Hopcroft <hopcroft@uswest.net> wrote:

> Doug, I've been thinking about this and here are my thoughts. My take is that the
> Squeak development team's interest is to have someone from seul-edu visit them
> who is interested in working with them to further their goals concerning Squeak,
> not a sightseer. This being the case, our first goal is to determine if we have
> such a person.

I agree about that, but if they're looking for someone from here to help
develop Squeak, anyone here could join one of the Squeak mailing lists and
suggest changes.  My guess is that what they'll be looking to us for is people
not closely associated with Squeak development who can test it for general
useability.  Beta testers, basically.  Of course, we don't really know just
what relation seul-edu could have with Squeak yet; that's most of the reason
for the initial meeting.  So I guess that rather than a programmer
particularly, a good candidate for a first meeting would be someone with some
experience and interest in authoring applications for educational use.  I
should mention that Ray Olszewski and Rachel Greenstadt have agreed to make the
trip to Glendale for us if we can set it up.  It probably won't be till the
latter part of November, so we have some time to look Squeak over and see what
we like and don't like about it, and to figure out what points we want to
advise Ray and Rachel (and whoever else might go along) to cover with the
Squeak team.

Doug Loss            Always acknowledge a fault.  This will throw
dloss@csrlink.net    those in authority off their guard and give
(570) 326-3987       you the opportunity to commit more.
                        Mark Twain