Re: SquishDot

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 16:32:18 -0700, Robert Hopcroft <hopcroft@uswest.net> wrote:

> "Bruno J. Vernier" wrote:
>
>> So I am going to go even further and suggest we think about making seul-edu
>> a portal (not right now, but we can start building it or designing it)
>
> Bruno, I want to second what you have said. Doug, I suggest that we start by
> putting together a prospective project to investigate these ideas. I will start
> by collecting what I can find in the archives that might relate to this.
> Hopefully someone will pick it up and run with it as I am trying to do far too
> many things already.

I agree.  This is a direction I'd like to take seul-edu, and possibly SEUL in
general.  SEUL is of course not mine to make decisions for, but I have some
influence over the direction of seul-edu.  Roger, you'll have to make the
implementation decisions for this, as it will likely entail some major software
additions and/or changes.  I think Bruno is interested in going with PHP3,
Zope, and Squishdot.  That sounds reasonable to me.  Do we need a project for
this in seul-edu, or should this be moved to seul-pub-www or to seul-pub?  I
think this may be something to move out of seul-edu and to get other SEUL
people and groups involved in.

Doug Loss            Always acknowledge a fault.  This will throw
dloss@csrlink.net    those in authority off their guard and give
(570) 326-3987       you the opportunity to commit more.
                        Mark Twain