Re: Squeak as HyperCard

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Doug Loss wrote:

>Jan Hlavacek wrote:
>>
>> That brings me to another thing I wanted to suggest.  We already have
>> several languages that can be called "educational" on our list. There is
>> logo, scheme, isetl, we can add squeak.  Maybe we can create a separate
>> list with languages and programming environments that have something to
>> do with education and are available for linux.  Something where a
>> teacher who wants to teach a programming class could go and read about
>> the languages, download them and try them, and decide which one is the
>> best for their purpose.
>>
>That's something we will think about.  I'm sending this message to wil
>Langford in addition to the mailing list, so we can look into such an
>organizational change to our website.

It's relatively easy to add new lists to the set of lists we already have.
I usually just copy whichever list I've most recently made script
improvements on, and "port" it to the new format.  This sounds slightly
more involved than that, but not dramatically so.

Wil

| Wil Langford <wil@seul.org>  | Linux - already fast, free and stable. |
| Oddball Web Guy For seul-edu | We're making it scholastic. Sweet. :)  |