Re: Invitation to visit Disney Imagineering

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:57:53 -0400 (EDT), Roger Dingledine <arma@mit.edu> wrote:

>> You may remember the invitation I got from Alan Kay to visit Disney
>> Imagineering to talk about using Squeak as a HyperCard/HyperStudio
>> substitute for our purposes.  I'd really like to get seul-edu connected
>> with Disney on this so we can have some input on the design and can test
>> the program and provide feedback on what does and doesn't work in our
>> context.
>
> If we don't get a response form seul-edu, Doug, we can always send
> out a little blurb asking if anybody wants to represent "Linux in
> Education" and take a field trip to Disney. I'm sure we'll get at
> least a few volunteers.
>
> Also, we should consider contacting LUGs nearby (or in) Glendale.

If we don't get any takers from regular seul-edu people we should do those
things, agreed.  But, while I don't think we have an exclusive lock on things
educational for Linux, I think we've probably given the needs of the
educational community more thought than most other constituencies in the Linux
community, and I'd like to see someone with a knowledge of those discussions
take part in this.  I know we have some people in the San Francisco area, but
that's a bit far from Glendale (in the LA area).  Is anyone closer?

Doug Loss            Always acknowledge a fault.  This will throw
dloss@csrlink.net    those in authority off their guard and give
(570) 326-3987       you the opportunity to commit more.
                        Mark Twain