[seul-edu] Possible engine for Carmen-like game

I recently posted a message about developing an engine for a Carmen
Sandiego clone project that just started.  I'd like to get your
ideas about this.

jm mentioned a couple of adventure game engines as possible engines
for this project in a private email to me.  I looked at them and a
bunch of others and while they all looked good they were either not
available on Linux or not ready to use yet.  However, this one looks

like a good possibility: <http://java.indy3d.net/>.  It's written
entirely in Java, which makes it run on Linux as well as Windows and

Macintosh.  It's free for non-commercial use, although it isn't open

source.  It's scripting language looks pretty straightforward.  I
think we should give this serious consideration as the engine for
this project.

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid