Re: [seul-edu] LinuxWorld Conference & Expo planning

Bill Ries-Knight writes:
 > [... apps] "snappy enough" to keep the
 > attention of a BUSY attendee for a minute or two.  (please
 > correct me if my perception is off!!)

May I suggest a bookmark towards WIMS ? This free application is
served from linux servers as html pages. You can show it from any
inline machine around you (preferrabily from machines of neighbouring
exposants, whichever platform is usable as long it has web capability ;)

You can read a short presentation (in french) I made ten days ago in
Bordeaux (http://lsm.abul.org/~khaznadar/wims/). I can translate these
few pages if they are useful. I successfully catched the attention of
many attendees in a few minutes by showing some "best of" WIMS after
the conference.

The primary WIMS site is at http://wims.unice.fr/~wims/en_home.html,
and it is mirrored at some places, like lsm.abul.org/wims,
boltz.univ-littoral.fr/wims  in France... Your
nearest mirror seems to be
http://math.cochise.cc.az.us/~wims/wims.cgi,
It's "best of" is listed at
http://math.cochise.cc.az.us/~wims/wims.cgi?session=demo&lang=en&module=adm%2Flight&phtml=bestof.phtml.en

To attract people, try some modules, like "Polyray" (if you are warned
that ray-tracing an example is too long, you may try to click again
the button "Plot the equation". The server may be too busy for a
while).

If people get attracted, show them the inline creation of exercices,
the sample virtual classrooms, etc. All of these can be reached from
the main page.

Best regards,			Georges.