[seul-edu] LinuxWorld Expo session on education

I found this on the LinuxWorld Expo website.  Since Chris Lehmann is on the
panel I'm sure SEUL/edu will get mentioned at least in passing (right,
Chris?).  If you're going to this show, try to attend this session.  It would
be nice if we could somehow invite interested attendees to join SEUL/edu and
help us out.  If that doesn't occur, it should still be an interesting
session.

Thursday, August 17 9:00 am - 10:15 am

Session 66

Open Source and Education

Moderator: Jessica Sheffield, University of Alabama in Huntsville

Panelists: Emmett Plant, Slashdot.org; Greg Sanders, Themes.org; Chris
Lehmann, Technology Coordinator, Beacon School; and David Mandel,
LinuxFund.org

The best path toward perpetuating the revolution and passing on the ideals
that have paved the way for today's open source solutions is to bring those
solutions to the classroom. In an educational setting, Linux and open source
can and will flourish, helping to better prepare our children for tomorrow's
technology. This session is a forum for bringing together educators and
community advocates for a free discussion of ideas. Topics will include what
the community can do to help get technology in schools and train educators to
make full use of that technology, and what, in turn, education can do to
advance the free and open software movement. We'll discuss projects that
several groups have undertaken to pave the way in this area, including
efforts by many LUGs and individual schools.

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid