[seul-edu] Update to Lean and Clean

Dear Seul Friends:

Thanks, all, for your suggestions regarding the compilation of my kernel.
(Thanks Ray, the "make install"  works well.)  I have now been successful in the
process, reducing the size.  I can still reduce further, however I am using a
trial-and-error approach because I do not know the chipset in these machines,
and I do not yet know what all the goodies in the kernal selections are.

My used memory (-/+ buffers/cache) is now down to 6852.  More to go.

Since I have 20-ish more of these machines, I am wondering about the best way to
transfer the new kernel.  I have thought of  copying it straight over; or
copying the kernel and other necessary files; copying the kernel during
installation; or re-compiling the kernel on each machine.  Surely, this last
solution is unnecessary.  I not sure how to best proceed, though.

I thought this was probably something you people did all the time!  Any
suggestions to smooth the process?

(I am using Slackware 7.1,  Linux 2.2.16)

Thanks!

Robert Maynord