Re: [seul-edu] Math teachers...

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> Chris Hobbs writes:
>
>  > 4) We need Microsoft Word because it has an Equation Editor.
> [...]
>  > the Equation Editor in StarOffice is easily equal to what Word ships
>
> please forget Word and Staroffice for editing mathematical equations.
> Fetch TeXmacs : a GPL'd WISIWIG text + equation editor.
>
> Copying/pasting between equations is made possible. Try it with word or
> Staroffice ?
>
> best regards,			Georges.

Shoot!  The worst case is you'll have to use eqn.  Actually, nroff / troff /
groff / psroff / xroff and all the other roffs out there are still a viable
alternative.  Add tbl and eqn, you've got a very powerful mechanism that is
easy to port almost anywhere.

--
jeff williams - cfiaime@mpks.net
                    jbw9586@ksu.edu