Re: [seul-edu] Language to teach 10 year olds

> SMALLTALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Ok, on to making some sense. Smalltalk is simple, I learned it in 20 mins,
> because the syntax is really little more then <message> <param>:
> <paramtext>.... <object> !
> Of course it has other things, but thats the basis.

  That's just my opinion, but I think Logo is simpler.  I learned Logo at
school when I was 13.  (It was already quite difficult at that age).  I
learned SmallTalk at 21 in University and that was still quite difficult.
One good thing about Logo is that you can do "turtle graphics" really
easily, and that's fun !  I think the "fun" of programming is really
important at 10 years old.

    Just my 2 cents ...

        Guillaume