Re: [seul-edu] New concept in programming [OT anecdote ;) ]

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 08:51:59AM -0400, Doug Loss wrote:
> This might only interest some of us, but for those it does, it will
> probably be _mightily_ interesting:
>
> http://www.dloo.org/

I was thinking about them recently! :)

One of my professors from college contacted me about 1.5yrs after I graduated
telling me his son has a spiffy project going on and if I'd like to
trek down to Oakland to meet him.  (I'm in Davis now, and college was
north of SF)

Anyway, it turned out I was going to a job interview and didn't even
know it! ;)  Unfortunately, because I had know skill with any Linux GUIs
(eg, GTK, Qt, etc) and didn't know Perl yet (not that I know it well now :) )
they weren't interested.

It's funny what a small world it is, and it's cool to see these guys
are still around (the recent ".com crash"* took out way too many good
little companies)

-bill!
* Personally, I hate the term ".com" :)