Re: [seul-edu] New indices for SEUL/edu software page

Jim Thomas wrote:

> The indices would be a lot more usefull if there was a one-line
> description next to the name of each package.  If you don't know twhat
> the package does already, and you can't guess from the name, the only
> other way to know is to follow the link.

Yup, that's true.  It's also incredibly time-consuming to maintain.  In
essence it would amount to copying all the links onto the index pages,
since the links usually have just a short description of the package,
along with license and homepage info.  I'm not averse to that necessarily,
but I know I don't have the time to do it properly.  Also, packages are
sometimes found in multiple indices, which would increase the effort to
keep things coordinated.  If anyone wants to take a shot at further
categorizing things within an index (for example, physics and chemistry
under the Science index), feel free.  Actually, that might be a pretty
good thing to do.

--
Doug Loss                 Always do right.  This
Data Network Coordinator  will gratify some people