[seul-edu] Re: Linux clip-art

gaumer wrote:

>     My name is Shannon Gaumer and I am an elementary school teacher in
> CA.  I have been looking for resources for linux to use in my
> classroom.  I am my schools technology representative and I am trying to
> convert our school from windows to linux.  So, far I have found a large
> variety of children's software to use in the classroom but I can not
> find any clip-art programs, such as printmaster, which are compatible
> with linux.  I came across your site and I am wondering if you know of
> any programs which I can use. If you could please send me any
> information I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you
>                                         Shannon Gaumer

Shannon,

   I've looked for something similar for Linux, but all I've found are
these, which aren't quite what you're looking for:

http://users.belgacom.net/gc899803/
http://www.photodex.com/products/compupic/

I'm CCing this to the schoolforge-discuss and seul-edu mailing lists in the
hope that someone on one or the other of those lists might either know of
such a program for Linux or be willing to write something similar.  (It
seems to me that doing something like this won't require a new program so
much as limiting the options on some existing picture editing program).

--
How valuable is my contribution?
Share your feedback at Affero: