Re: [seul-edu] windows mac network via linux

Paul,

samba running on a linux server will allow Win/NT clients to authenticate
and share files/print services on the linux server.

netatalk running on a linux server will allow Mac clients to authenticate
and share files/print services on the linux server.

Linux networking HOWTO covers both a bit.

I don't think appletalk runs over tcp/ip as Windows does.  Appletalk runs over Ethernet but uses it's own network numbering
system.  Apple networking uses a client auto election system.

To route appletalk through our WAN I have to configure our routers with
eahc LANs appletalke cable range.

Good luck with the project.  It will be really worth the trouble I'm sure.

--
Dan Kubilos     __\o_ ^
K-8 Tech Coord