Re: Updates and summer efforts

>    Jeffrey Elkner, what about the OpenTextbook project?  And did
> anything ever come of the idea to start an OpenTextbook on geometry that
> used Hilaire's Dr Geo as its examples, complete with lesson plans and
> problem sets?

Our school does not let out until June 22nd, and we are heading into
finals, so the next few weeks will be rather hectic.  Many students are
doing Open Textbook related things, however, so there should be several
changes to the web site by the end of this month.

The big push for me has been getting Python related materials together,
because I will be teaching Python in our CSC I and II classes next
year.  Allen Downey (http://www.cs.colby.edu/~downey/) will be writing a
book for AP Computer Science, which I will be using in my AP course here
next year as well.  We have finished GPL'ed classes which are compatible
with the College Board's AP classes for use with Allen's book.

I'll report back during the second week in July to let you know how
things are going.  We plan on accomplishing a lot during the summer.

jeff elkner