Summer univsersity

In Grenoble (France), from 4 to 9 july the french education institutions
organize a summer university about the use of free software in the school.

The public will be composed of educator involved in computer science (use
and installation) but also person in charge from departemantal education
center ( = where teacher/school can find help in documentation, technical
help).

At this occasion, I will present, in a lecture, Dr Geo and the philosophy
behind it. I will also speak about Seul/Edu and the help/connection it
brings to project like Dr Geo.
The lecture will be organize about like this :

1. presentation of the software
2. Republican software - the philosophy of the project
3. A historic record
4. Tools used to develop Dr Geo
5. The free sofware community and its important role
I will speak of SEUL/Edu at this occasion
6. Involving in Dr Geo
7. Future moves (XML and Genius Calculator)

In another occasion, I will be involved in talk about the use of
networked workstation under GNU/Linux.

From what I undestand of the event (I don't have yet the full programm),
it will be organized with lectures and also workshops.

I will try to make a report about the whole event. It should be a high
quality event as the person involved (~70) don't need to be advocated to
free software but want the things in action.

Late I will take a good rest during this summer holidays. :)

Hilaire Fernandes
Dr Geo project http://www.drgeo.seul.org