[seul-edu] Re: What we're doing

At 10:22 PM 6/12/00 +0100, Dan Kolb wrote:
>Is there any way of replacing the 'standard' X cross-patch background
>with something a little less Moired, or will that require fiddling with
>the source code for X?

"xsetroot -bg somecolor" is one way to do it, replacing "somecolor" with a
legal name (I like darkblue). Most WMs will do this for you ... the one I
use (blackbox) happens to be so lightweight it doesn't even do this much
automatically.

Or did you mean for before you login via xdm? If so, that I do not know ....

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com