Re: [seul-edu] Re: What we're doing

Tonnesen Steve wrote:

> Internally, a lot of the modifications to K12Admin lately have been
> administrative in nature.  We've developed a work order system that allows
> users within the schools to describe problems with particular pieces of
> equipment, or generic devices like phone systems, e-mail access, etc.
>
> I've also developed a server status monitoring system that monitors things
> like free disk space, swap space used, cpu temperature, last contact time,
> uptime, loadavg, etc. for all the servers in our district and generates a
> web page and daily emails of alarm and warning conditions.
>
> Last, but not least, I've made modifications to K12Admin that integrate it
> with AUC, and we are starting to deploy AUC within our district.
> Currently, we are only running it for web-based email access, but we hope
> to set it up on all of our home directory servers within each school.

I'm glad to hear about all these extensions, Steve!  It will give me something
for the next Linux in education report (I didn't do one yesterday because I
had nothing much to put in it).  The integration with AUC is especially
intriguing.  This is just the sort of thing I've been hoping to hear about!

--
Doug Loss                 Even if you're on the right track,
Data Network Coordinator  you'll get run over if you just