(FWD) Re: [seul-edu] Quiet time

Jim: there are 290 people on seul-edu currently.

----- Forwarded message from owner-seul-edu@seul.org -----

Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:52:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jim Troutman <jlt@pivot.net>
To: seul-edu@seul.org
Subject: Re: [seul-edu] Quiet time

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Doug Loss wrote:

> Folks, it's been very quiet here for quite a while.  I just looked
> over the email archives, and with just a few exceptions I'm making
> all the posts.  I know that we all have other things to occupy our
> time besides SEUL/edu, but if you all stop contributing this project
> will die in pretty short order.  I know I'm biased, but I think we
> have been and are still a _very_ useful and successful addition to
> the Linux community.  Let's keep ourselves going and keep
> contributing to the general success of Linux in education.

Doug,

The list is absolutely useful and worth having.  I am just way too busy
personally to contribute much to it, but I do read it.

I am hoping to convince one of my K12 clients to go with a linux based lab
(netboot with X11) sometime soon so I can have the time to start playing
around with the various packages.  Got lots of linux servers running in
K12, happily keeping their email flowing, web pages served, etc.

The project probably needs more exposure to the traditional K12
teacher/staff base out there.  It seems to me that most of the people on
the list are techies who care about education, and not as many teachers
who want to know how they could use linux.

Have any figures on how many people are subscribed?  Is is 100? 1000?

--
James Troutman, Troutman & Associates - telecommunications consulting
93 Main Street, Waterville, Maine 04901 - 207-861-7067

----- End forwarded message -----