Re: (FWD) Re: [seul-edu] Quiet time

At 08:15 AM 6/27/00 -0400, Doug Loss wrote:

>So how do we get that exposure?  Actually, there are other mailing lists with
>focusses more toward answering teacher's questions, such as lnxk12, k12linux,
>etc.  I know that some of our members are on some of those lists too.  Folks,
>do those other mailing lists get much traffic from teachers asking
>implementation and utilization questions about Linux in the classroom?

Short answer: no. I can't remember the last message I've seen from lnxk12
... must have been months ago. k12linux is low traffic even during the US
school year (completely dead now), mostly tech support sorts of questions. I
don't know about etc ... those 2 plus this one are the only 3
Linux-in-Education lists I know of.

Perhaps a better strategy would be to look to non-Linux lists. When people
post application-related questions there, mentioning Linux solutions, and
SEUL-EDU as an information source, would sometimes be responsive.

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com