[seul-edu] Quiet time

Now that you asked for posts . . .

Thanks Doug for your work this list is excellent, so much so that I truly
*don't* need an invitation.

Would like to share that from an educators perspective (I taught Junior
High language arts before my current job) gnu/linux is making inroads in
k12.

I gave a presentation titled "Linux: what is it and why should I care" at
the Computer Using Educators conference in Palm Springs, CA on May 12.

It went very well. One of the most gratifying things was meeting educators
afterwards who are using linux in their schools.

Most common application -- and I think where linux is a super compelling
option -- is by far linux based samba netatalk server to file and print
share for mixed mac/wintel campuses.

 ** did make sure to present with linux tools.  learned to use magicpoint
which is a great presentation tool.

url for the pres. is at http://www.oxnardsd.org/linux

Dan Kubilos, Technology Coordinator

Oxnard Elementary School District