Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: Alumni Board]

Doug Loss wrote:

> owner-seul-edu@seul.org wrote:
>
> > From: "Kyle Hutson" <smyle@rockcreek.k12.ks.us>
> > To: seul-edu@seul.org
> > Subject: Alumni Board
> >
> > I've been considering adding an 'Alumni' section to our website,
> > where alums could register (a la 'classmates.com' without the
> > registration fee) and could get in touch with classmates +- 4 years
> > or so, as well as having a webboard or listserv forum.
> >
> > Any suggestions?

I don't know that it will entirely meet your needs, but take a look at the
Reunion Database:

http://www.sgapc.vuurwerk.nl/projects/radb/

It might be a good starting point for maintaining the info.  As to some
sort of forum, their are lots available for Linux; take a look at
Freshmeat.  You might also check with some of the educational enviroments
like AUC, SNS, Manhattan, LearnLoop, etc. to see if they have this
functionality built in.

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid