Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: ]

In zope environment, CMF(Content Management Framework) product provides a membership mechanism so that each member can register and publish their own content in a controled way.   It may be an overkill for just member(alumni) registration, but if you want allumni post their stories, families, news, etc, CMF is a good package. It is fairly self-contained as well, don't have to use LDAP or database unless you want to.  I did it for my college class, and I am thinking about doing if for my high school alumni as well.

J.

--

On Tue, 05 Jun 2001 12:45:04
 Doug Loss wrote:
>owner-seul-edu@seul.org wrote:
>
>> From: "Kyle Hutson" <smyle@rockcreek.k12.ks.us>
>> To: seul-edu@seul.org
>> Subject: Alumni Board
>>
>> I've been considering adding an 'Alumni' section to our website,
>> where alums could register (a la 'classmates.com' without the
>> registration fee) and could get in touch with classmates +- 4 years
>> or so, as well as having a webboard or listserv forum.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> I've looked at SourceForge under BBS systems, and haven't found
>> anything that really tickled my fancy.
>>
>> I'm running Apache with Perl, PHP, and MySQL already so a system that
>> uses any of those would be a plus, though I'm certainly not averse to
>> other solutions.
>>
>> --
>> Kyle Hutson /  Director of Technology  / Rock Creek Schools:  USD323
>> smyle@rockcreek.k12.ks.us                               785-494-8591
>> Actually I am a laboratory mouse posing as an engineer as part of an
>>                elaborate plot to take over the world
>
>--
>Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
>Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid
>Bloomsburg University     to laugh.
>dloss@bloomu.edu                Voltaire

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!