Re: [seul-edu] Someone on slashdot with a question

As a computer teacher, I'm always looking for computer training
information
I found various computer classes and training information on the web.
The one for GoodWill Industries is excellent and is free:
http://www.goodwilltraining.org/classes/how_lessons_work/
http://www.gcflearn.org/home/classes/index.asp
http://www.tvcc.cc.tx.us/adulted/computer_lessons.htm
http://detnews.com/2000/careers/0007/08/l01-87873.htm

My suggestion is to keep it simple, teach them the real basics. How to
turn on/off.
Since you will probably be using Windows., teach them the desktop, how
to navigate
how to make new files, rename them, copy them, delete them.
That should give you plenty to keep them busy.

Try this web search:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=teaching+computer+lessons

You should also contact computer book suppliers for ideas, and textbooks
that give ideas and lesson plans.

Hope that helps.

Emilio Milian
South San Francisco Adult Education Center.
http://www.smcoe.k12.ca.us/ssfusd/as/