From: Jason Mellen <jmellen@cfl.rr.com>
To: seul-edu@seul.org <seul-edu@seul.org>
Date: Saturday, June 09, 2001 8:35 PM
Subject: RE: [seul-edu] Someone on slashdot with a question

This message made me think of something off the topic a little.

Does anyone know of a central website where teachers can go to find free
lesson material and/or communicate about new work? If not, would this be
useful? I've been looking for material for a television class I'm going to
be teaching and it has been hard.

I'm thinking of something crossing between freshmeat and slashdot. This
wouldn't be as important for the more classic topics like math and science
(it might be though) but would prove useful for teachers on the bleeding
edge of technology.

The idea would be that teachers could post lessons and materials they found
useful for others to build off of. Also, the site could provide a forum for
teachers to communicate and even collaborate on lessons.

What are some thoughts on this?

Jason Mellen
Palm Bay High School
Webmaster / TSA Reporter / Television Producer